HOME ABOUT PRODUCTS MY CLASSROOM CONTACT CHELSEA CHALKBOARD

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Feeling Thankful

Snow Day Chelsea Here, feeling pretty reflective at the moment. I spent the beginning part of my day waking up to a Snow Day call! Always fun! So, after sleeping in a little later than normal, I woke up and got started with my relaxing day. I worked on a Common Core Aligned TpT pack that I can't wait to finish and post, then made some lunch. Then my Dad came over to plow my driveway (I've been shoveling the past few snow storms so it was nice to have a break!) The boyfriend helped..Thanks Dad and Kevin!! But, what's making me feel particularly reflective is this speech that I'm writing. Rider University recently asked me to be a speaker at their Admitted Students Day in April. My days spent at Rider were some of my best! I thought when I graduated that I'd feel sad or "college-sick" but honestly it's the opposite. I have done A LOT with my life in these three short years. I've taught in four different job placements (going on my fifth, sort of), switched classrooms three times, become a tutor, went from a TpT buyer to a TpT Seller, made a blog, facebook, and instagram, and i'm in the middle of apply to grad school at Rider-- all in three short years! As I write all this in my speech, I am feeling particularly proud and happy about where I am in my life, many thanks to where I went to college. This is my second time speaking at a Rider Event (See pic below from four years ago!) and I am even more excited about this upcoming one. Life is good :)


No comments:

Post a Comment